The committee recognizes that some student-led projects require funding quickly. Therefore, SSC offers a Micro Grant to student-led projects under $750. The Micro Grant aspires to:
- Provide funding to project leaders within one month of an application submission
- Increase opportunities for students to utilize the Sustainable Campus Environment Fee
- Increase financial support for same-semester programming initiatives
- Expand outreach by making funding more accessible to all student groups
SSC accepts Micro Grant applications on a rolling basis and reviews these applications at the committee’s upcoming biweekly meeting. Unlike SSC’s traditional funding requirements, Micro Grant projects do not require a faculty or staff advisor.
- Undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to submit requests for funding up to $750. All projects require stakeholder support in order to have funds awarded.
- Funding can only go to university-affiliated projects on university property submitted from students.
- All SSC projects must make a substantial impact on students. This may be a direct impact or an indirect impact through education and engagement. All SSC funding is 100% from student green fees, so the projects funded by the students must benefit them.
- SSC encourages innovation and new technologies – creative projects are encouraged to apply.
- Unless a type of expense is specifically listed below as having restrictions, SSC can generally fund it. The items referenced below should not be taken as comprehensive.
- SSC generally won’t fund reimbursement requests.
Things SSC Can Fund, On A Case-By-Case Basis
- SSC can fund feasibility studies and design work; however, it must work toward ultimately addressing a sustainability need on campus.
- SSC can fund outreach events with a central theme of sustainability, provided their primary audience is the general campus community.
- SSC can fund repairs and improvements to existing building systems as long as it works toward the goal of improving campus sustainability; however, a preference is shown to projects utilizing new or innovative ideas.
Things SSC Will Not Fund:
- SSC will not fund projects with a primary end goal of generating revenue for non-University entities.
- SSC will not fund personal lodging, food, beverage, and other travel expenses.
- SSC will not fund tuition or other forms of personal financial assistance for students beyond standard student employee wages.
- SSC will not fund micro grant proposals that solely request staff, faculty, or student stipends.
- SSC will not fund capital projects using micro grant funding.
- SSC will not fund staff or faculty projects using micro grant funding.
Complete an application and submit it to email@example.com